Monday, July 5, 2010

Me vs. the universe

Boy do I have updates, and it seems like the universe is working against me.

First of all, seems like things will be ok with the bank. I've been back since, have been approved for my loan and was told that I should have the money in a week. Thank the lord.

But, it seems like I'm being screwed over in a few other ways. Applying for a visa is not easy. I have to get biometrics done, which I guess they take your finger prints, soul, first-born child if you have one, and ask everything to make sure you're allowed in the country. Fine and dandy. As far as I know, I'm innocent. However, the site wants me to give them my visa application number. I don't have that, since I printed the forms off. I'm not really sure what they want, but it's been worked on.

Second of all, I know when I'm going! We're taking a direct flight from St. John's to London, which is awesome! That means I can probably at least see my friend Angela getting married, and no overly long time waiting in another airport. Woot woot. Unfortunately, it means flying out at 9pm, getting there at 6:30 am (London time) and going straight to campus. Will. Need. Coffee. Anyways, what sucks is that I need my ticket paid for by Thursday. Now, I get paid Thursday, so that's all well and good. But, I'm working 3-11, and our cheques don't get to us until at least 1. This is also a big check: 11 8-hour shifts, Canada Day and minimum wage went up. This should mean a bigger check that I can pay for my ticket with. However, I have less than a 2 hour window to go get it, deposit it and go pay for it. Not fun. I'm going to see who's working that day, see if maybe I can tell them I can't make it until 4. Should be fine. Right?

Well, that's all the updates so far. As the days get closer, there'll probably be more. I'll keep you all posted (if anyone's reading, that is!).

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment