Saturday, April 3, 2010

Lack of Updates

I haven't been updating lately, mostly because of the lack of things to do in my preparation. Also, my grandmother recently passed away, so my mind has hardly been on Harlow.

I started filling out my passport application, but got confused. Maybe I'll just wait until I get my picture, then find someone to fill it out with me so I know what I'm doing.

As I said, my grandmother passed away on Monday, March 29th. I love her and I'll miss her terribly. She knew I was going to England, but I don't know if she really remembered, as her memory was going. I always had the plan of going to Buckingham Palace and taking a picture of the Queen walking past a window. I'd bring it home and show it to Nan, who'd probably frame it, saying "Look, there's the Queen's arm as she goes past the window." Nan loved the Queen. Apparently the looked similar when younger, and both are named Elizabeth. But then, Nan was always interested in celebrities. This is where I'm sure I got it from.

So no real updates on Harlow yet, but there will be as the months come and I actually get over there.

See you soon,

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment