Thursday, April 22, 2010

Working Girl!

I got the job! I'll be working at Tim Horton's on Torbay Road now. I've had one shift so far with two more coming this week. It's mostly training so far, watching videos and doing a bit of floor work. It's not too bad, since it's so busy the time just flies by. The only time I'm wary of the time is when I'm getting hungry. Then I'm kinda watching the clock for my break.

Last night I did drive-thru which wasn't so bad. Busy, but not so bad. It'd get a little confusing making some special orders, and trying to keep track of what order I had to make, following the little screen. I kinda liked being on the cash, taking people's money. I'm use to that with other jobs.

Some perks: free coffee. Though I didn't find this out until after I paid for a milk and a diet Pepsi during my breaks. Also, there's a nice discount on the actual food. So my $4 sandwich turns into a $2 sandwich. Love it. Plus, we get tips! I don't know about other Tim's, but when people don't take their change, we put it in the jar, and at the end of the shift, the money gets split between us. I took home $4.40 in tips! Not a lot, but every bit helps when it comes to going to Harlow!

Looks like it'll be a bit more ok, money-wise for me. I'd say a good chunk of my change will be saved for Harlow. I do need a bit of entertainment/food/bus money. But it's definitely better than it was a week ago.

Keeping you posted,

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment