Sunday, August 15, 2010

We're really getting down there now! In 13 days, I'll be boarding the plane, on my way to England. It's a little unbelievable, but it's actually happening! I'm getting close to having everything ready. I have my universal plug for my laptop so I can use this in England, as well as update during various trips that I'll undoubtedly take. Tomorrow, I have an appointment to get my computer set-up for their wireless system and to make sure everything is up to date (which I'm pretty sure it is).

Some things I have left to do:
- Call my credit card company to let them know I'll be travelling and ask what the rates are for foreign currency. Some companies charge for the conversion.
- Based on that, go to the bank to get some Canadian dollars changed to pounds.
- Call my cell provider and tell them that I'm going to England. Therefore, I want to know if I can keep the number for when I get back.
- Go to the doctor to get enough prescriptions for four months.
- Go over the British curriculum documents so I can have an understanding of what to do there.
- Buy a suitcase.
- Pack.

There are a few other things, like shopping, figure out how batteries work there (can I just buy some?) for my camera, etc, as well as a few other small things. I also have my Backstreet Boys concert, my going away part, seeing various friends for coffee, family things. It's going to be a busy two weeks. Good thing I'm done work now.

Time's getting short! Getting excited now :).

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment