Thursday, August 26, 2010

Less than 48 hours!

It's t-minus 48 hours until I'm leaving on a jet plane. It's kinda of surreal yet amazing, scary, nerve-wrecking at the same time! I can't believe that I'm actually going to be going to Europe. I've spend my whole life in Newfoundland, except for 4 weeks....once in Parry Sound, a trip to Ottawa and a Pathfinder Camp in New Brunswick. (St-Pierre doesn't count!) Yeah, not a big traveller. Yet, anyways. It's going to be amazing over there. So much like home, yet not like home at the same time. It'll also be the first time I've really been living away from home.

Needless to say, everything's in a mess right now as I've tried to get everything straightened away. Clothes are slowly getting packed as well as washed prior to packing. I don't have anything in my backpack and carry-on yet, so I'm going to pack those as well. I need to manage to stuff in several boxes of Kraft Dinner.

Here's what I have left to do:
- See the doctor to get my prescriptions straightened away
- Change some money
- Finish packing
- Suspend my cell phone account

Packing's going to take the most energy. But it should be ok.

I'm getting quite excited here.....I'm not even sure what to right! I just know that now, in 47 hours, I'll be sitting on a plane, saying a temporary farewell to my life here and starting a 4 month stint in Harlow, England.

It's gonna be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment