Saturday, December 11, 2010

Near the end

Well, the internship is all over. I am no longer in Harlow. It feels kinda surreal to think that in less than a week I'll be back in St. John's. Crazy!

It was so sad on Friday! I got so much chocolates that I'm surprised it all fit in my bags. I got so many hugs, offers to stay on couches (without the kids asking their parents of course!) and so much else. It was all so amazing and sad. The best gift without a doubt was the handmade thank-you booklet. They had "Thank You!" written on the outside in the school colours. Inside, all the students had drawn a picture of themselves and most of them had a thank you/miss you/good luck message written inside. It was then later signed by the rest of the staff. I was ready to start bawling when they gave it to me in assembly. Oh, and they also gave me the Star of the Week achievement card. The whole thing was just so emotional.

In the past week, I also had a very difficult decision to make. I had to decide if I'd have one last week of fun with my friends in Spain or stay in a hostel in London alone, saving a lot more money, which is quickly dwindling. I'm currently in London, in the sketchiest hostel I've ever been in. I'm here for 4 nights, but I only paid 50 pounds, so I'm getting what I paid for.

It's outside central London, so it's quiet. The bed is comfy. There is free wifi and free towels. The goodness ends there. There's a bar downstairs, in the lobby, where I currently am. I'm thinking that they made the bar and decided "hey, let's make a hostel upstairs!" and it's not quite finished.

Again, the beds are comfy, and there are 6 people in a room. However, it's a 3-level bunkbed. I purposely picked the one on the bottom. The bathroom's kinda dirty. The kitchen is terrible. There's only a microwave and an oven...hardly any cutlery. I had to get a glass from the bar so I could drink my orange juice. *Sigh*.

They're playing Slumdog Millionaire on tv now though, so that's a win. I actually just turned my chair around so I could watch some of it and still be on the computer. What a wonderful movie this is.

I think that's all I'm going to say right now. I'm kinda watching the movie now, kinda doing other random internet things.

See you soon in Canada,

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment